Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader SteelTrack focusers at First Light Optics

FLO

Any options yet to fit a Steeltrack or even a Moonlite to the larger visual back of the Skywatcher 150 or 180 Mak?

I'm doing a lot of imaging with my 180 Mak and could really do with a fine focus control that can take some weight.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

Yes, somewhere on here there's a thread saga for the solution - you need to make what is effectively a large flat washer that fits between the scope back (with diagonal and 2" adapter removed, and the focuser with the Mak adapter fitted). It turned out there was just enough room between the Mak adapter and the threaded ring for the 2" back to hold the one to the other.

I think it's this one...

http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/134800-fitting-crayford-focuser-skymax-180-a-2.html

HTH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ash. I could have sworn I took part in a thread like that, but couldn't find it. Now I have.

So the consensus is to make your own adaptor. I guess I was after something direct from Baader/Moonlite etc. that fitted straight on. I'll give FLO a kick and see if there are now any options on this.

Cheers

Ian

Archived