Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Upgrade lens for a Canon 450d.

Hello everyone, from what I gather there are a lot of very keen photographers on the forum? Would any of them recommend an upgrade lens for my Canon 450d? I've just sold the Std one that came with it (18-55IS), I'm very tempted with this one, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens Reviews Roundup - DSLR Photography News & Reviews

Have any members on the forum had any experience with this lens, is so, any Pro's or con's? Or any other recommended lens for about the same price/spec? I can buy a new one with a free UV filter for £339 all in.

Thank you,

Very much over budget, but the Canon EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS is an absolute DREAM on a crop sensor. It's great to be able to use constant f/2.8 throughout the range and this lens is sharp. If I was using my 7D as a walkabout, it's the only lens I'd have. It is a brilliant lens.

Archived