What did I see?

I saw a small light like the ISS but not as no passes at that time but very similar and smaller and dimmer. It passed right near Atares as I was gazing from my bedroom window. I was astonished! It was strange and left no trail. I think there was a meteor shower but it didn't look like one. Does anyone know what it was?

Sorry for me going on!

you will see dozens of similar satellites,in an average session. there are so many up there at various heights and orbits i think i must at least 1 every 5 minutes

I didn't realise I could see more than the ISS, but thanks!

I was out about a week ago and saw about 6-7 satellites zooming across the sky, although I did happen to catch one of these through my telescope by pure chance and it was moving at some rate and was very high up.. it made me wonder if it was a satellite for a moment! :-/

Catching the ISS in my telescope has been one of my most memorable highlights. Looks like a tiny Tie fighter :smiley: It is difficult to keep it in FOV at high power as it moves pretty quick across the sky and most telescopes have reverse or upside down views so tracking it can be a challenge but it is more than worth it when it pays off.

Archived