Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mediocre animation

neil phillips

Not really happy with this, as i had to use rather poor avis to build it, starting at around 0300 hours, jupiter was still in the murk rising, so its pretty blurry in places. but thought some might find it interesting, as its a early animation. Taken in IR 742 filter, the lowest focal length of the night, reasons already given. Put windows media player on repeat and you will get a slighly higher quality animation than a GIF ( higher as in mediA format not avi quality)

Animation

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/2562590/2057099263/name/july

6012898747_cef51e4e08_o.png

full size

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6002/6012898743_602c0d4a37_o.png

Hi Stuart, I Have just been told i will have the New IS camera Tommorow. Ill stake my life by the end of this season ill out perfom this animation 3 fold. No this is just a warm up Stuart. You know me. It may be cloudy for weeks. but we have Time on our side im sure. thanks for the interest. Quite excited now

Cheers

Count down to lift off! Yep I know all you need is 3 mins of clear sky.:rolleyes:

Had a word with one of my neighbours this morning.....he'd recently installed a blazing spot light that was lighting up my house and garden like a Xmas tree! I mean..i pay out 350 quid on a new cam to be faced with that! Thankfully he's turned it away from my direction.;)

I sometimes think they do it because they find out a astronomer is there midst, call me parenoid. will be watching the weather a lot when the cams in my hands. all those experiments, its going to be learning time. I tested my DMK at 60 FPS Y800 RGB 24 CODEC and it dropped loads of frames just like you. y800 y800, and i get a full frame count ? when the frames get dropped at 60 fps rgb 24, the frame freezes. when its running full speed, it doesnt freeze. i bet this is what your seeing. if one wanted to shoot in IR 742 or just RED using y800 y800 would produce a BW MONO image but the atmospheric distortions should still be less using these filters i think. so im wondering if anyone can tell me. is it a advantage to shoot in mono BW with a RED or IR filter if a full 60 fps frame count was easier to get, rather than say 45 fps with colour information. Im not taling RGB here just IR ot RED which looks mono anyway

I sometimes think they do it because they find out a astronomer is there midst, call me parenoid. will be watching the weather a lot when the cams in my hands. all those experiments, its going to be learning time. I tested my DMK at 60 FPS Y800 RGB 24 CODEC and it dropped loads of frames just like you. y800 y800, and i get a full frame count ? when the frames get dropped at 60 fps rgb 24, the frame freezes. when its running full speed, it doesnt freeze. i bet this is what your seeing. if one wanted to shoot in IR 742 or just RED using y800 y800 would produce a BW MONO image but the atmospheric distortions should still be less using these filters i think. so im wondering if anyone can tell me. is it a advantage to shoot in mono BW with a RED or IR filter if a full 60 fps frame count was easier to get, rather than say 45 fps with colour information. Im not taling RGB here just IR ot RED which looks mono anyway

Did not notice any frame freezing though I was shooting with the dust cap on so no image to observe. Are you saying y800 y800 produces a b&w image rather than y800 RGB 24 which is colour?.

Rest of the week looks a total right off weather wise here in the north west so i'm betting you will beat me to first light with the new cam Neil. :smiley:

wouldnt bet on beating you to it, from what ive seen of the weather. though ill say this. when that camera is here, ill make 100% effort to get light, as i really think im going to like this ccd

And yes y800 y800 will produce a BW image on your DFK stuart. I bet if your cap had been off. when the frames are dropping. the image freezes. i used to get that a lot last year on Jupiter and Saturn with the DFK. if i allowed data to build up on my pc, and didnt continually defrag after deleting avis. it would freeze to the point where, i couldnt even get 30 fps, on occassion ( always when seeing was good ) i had to go down to 15 fps to get the camera to run, and once when i had too much data on the pc, it froze, and wouldnt record anymore.

I had to delete avis a lot, and defrag to stop the dropped frames, and freezing problem.

Some kind of back up, is needed for storing data, to make your hardrive clean Stuart. Or you will get these problems real soon, Trust me on that i know 750 GB HARDRIVE 4 GIG RAM here

wouldnt bet on beating you to it, from what ive seen of the weather. though ill say this. when that camera is here, ill make 100% effort to get light, as i really think im going to like this ccd

And yes y800 y800 will produce a BW image on your DFK stuart. I bet if your cap had been off. when the frames are dropping. the image freezes. i used to get that a lot last year on Jupiter and Saturn with the DFK. if i allowed data to build up on my pc, and didnt continually defrag after deleting avis. it would freeze to the point where, i couldnt even get 30 fps, on occassion ( always when seeing was good ) i had to go down to 15 fps to get the camera to run, and once when i had too much data on the pc, it froze, and wouldnt record anymore.

I had to delete avis a lot, and defrag to stop the dropped frames, and freezing problem.

Some kind of back up, is needed for storing data, to make your hardrive clean Stuart. Or you will get these problems real soon, Trust me on that i know 750 GB HARDRIVE 4 GIG RAM here

Thanks Neil. I do transfer avis from my Netbook after each session onto a external hard drive so hopefully things wont get too congested though 5-10,000 frame avis are uncharted waters for me so time will tell lol.

Archived