Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GOTO cable

Can anyone tell me the name of the cable or post a link to where I can find one to the cable I need to connect the GOTO handset to the PC to update the firmware please?

Is it the same cable that is used if I wanted to try and control it using the Planetarium software?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me the name of the cable or post a link to where I can find one to the cable I need to connect the GOTO handset to the PC to update the firmware please?

Is it the same cable that is used if I wanted to try and control it using the Planetarium software?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I believe it is the same cable. In the case of an EQ5 Pro it's the cream DB9 to RJ11 cable.

Ok that's great thanks for your help.

I got a second hand Skywatcher 127 Mak with GOTO. It says that it has Schott Glass in it but I didn't think that this was standard with the 127. Does this mean it is an older model?

Also it came with a dovetail attached and this just fits in and the screw just tighteed from underneath to hold the dovetail in to the mount. It looks to be coirrect according to the instructions but as they say not to over tighten the screw but it doesn't look safe and secure to me. I am just worried that it could slide out.

Have people drilled holes into the dovetail do the screw is recessed inside the dovetail when tightened to prevent it from slipping?

I know I am probably worrying about nothing just don't want anything bad to happen through my own fault.

Archived