NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What's Yours ?

magician

Sorry ,not an invitation to have a drink- Although will be be glad to when we meet up-- no what I am asking is what was your biggest foul-up, blunder/ mistake,something which you can laugh about now, but not then, come on own up, I have lots but , I think the daftest, being unused to an EQ mount ,was having the tube AND weights on the SAME SIDE! for a week :)

Cheers Frank

Awarded myself the Dozy sod and Bar,

Taking the weights off first.

Cursing the camera when the lid is still on the 'scope.

Adding a filter without bothering to refocus.

Forgetting to tell the software that I would like to save the frames thank you very much.

Not plugging the guiding cable into the mount and wondering why it didn't work all that well.

Plus loads more that I have chosen to forget.

Captain Chaos

Think my most annoying was forgetting to attach the second lead from the Toucam Pro, spending the whole night disconnecting / reconnecting the (one) lead, reinstalling drived, re-starting windows etc etc.

Then after packing it in and going to bed laying there and suddenly realising what I'd not done.

Felt like a right idiot.

Ant

If you have one of those disk+annulus plastic "lids" for your Newtonian tube, ALWAYS snap the annulus part ONLY onto the tube first and THEN snap the central disk part on the annulus lid. DO NOT assemble the disk and annulus parts in the dark and DO NOT then put the whole lid on to the tube and DO NOT apply pressure on the central disk part to snap it in because the central disk may have ended up on the INTERIOR side and it WILL then detach and FALL on your primary.

Archived