NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Issues.....QHY6

Earl

Well I am still left scratching my head over this.

QHY6 Connected direct to the PC USB port by a lead which works perfect on my DMK, and I get PHD freezing and the camera becomes unresponsive.

To work around this and to try and fault find I rebuilt my ITX pc, Clean windows 7 install, Ascom 5.1 with upgrade patch (could not dl 6 as website was down) and PHD.

This is all that is on the PC well I did install AVG also.

And it works perfectly fine.

I have it in the back of my mind that the USB ports / controller on the other PC just does not like the QHY6.

Any ideas what is going on? :)

I had a similar problem, also with a QHY camera, the QHY5. PHD was freezing, camera unresponsive.. turned out it was the USB port, I was using the ones at the front of my machine which the QHY just didnt like, switched the ports at the back and it worked first time..

I had a similar problem, also with a QHY camera, the QHY5. PHD was freezing, camera unresponsive.. turned out it was the USB port, I was using the ones at the front of my machine which the QHY just didnt like, switched the ports at the back and it worked first time..

The Front ports were even worse, so looks like this could well be the issue.

Looks like a new motherboard :|

Well my current setup using 2 PC's one dedicated just to the guiding, although excessive it does work.

Im pretty sure there is some issue with the USB ports, although they are all USB 2 the QHY just does not like something (as everything else is fine I presume its an issue with the QHY and the PC)

ill suck it and see for a while I dont fancy spending more on PC bits as my CCD gets pushed further back all the time !

Archived