NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging setup suggestion - need help.

Kaminovs

Hi,

My latest plan is this setup:

HEQ5 with EQdirect

SW200p + canon 400d

guided by SPC900 moded with LX on a finder scope 10x50

I know using finderscope aint perfect, but can't squize in proper guider scope yet.

I know I need proper filters, can you suggest general on how my setup will perform, and what filters I need for DSO imaging.

I mainly interested in DSO

Thanks in advance!

I would really suggest going with the NEQ6 Syntrak rather then the HEQ5. A beefier mount - better for guiding on an 8". Also if you decide to get a bit more serious later on then it is a bit of future proofing also.

If you can afford to stretch to an EQ6 or NEQ6 then it would be well worth it. Definitely a future proof mount and will be much sturdier.

I would second getting a CLS filter for your canon, this will probably keep you going for a while.

With the guide cam, you don't necessarily need to start with a guided set-up. I started unguided whilst I learnt what I was doing and got some experience. This also gave me time to save up for a CCD guide camera. That isn't to say a webcam for guiding wouldn't be a good option, I just have no experience with it.

HTH

I would really suggest going with the NEQ6 Syntrak rather then the HEQ5. A beefier mount - better for guiding on an 8". Also if you decide to get a bit more serious later on then it is a bit of future proofing also.

yes i agree. i have the heq5 syntrak, but my mate has the eq6 version.....it really is a lot better than mine.:)

I started with nearly the identical setup that you have suggested, including the 400D. The first upgrade was to an EQ6 which was the best thing for the overall setup and the stability that this mount provides is well worth it.

Well.. I have just budgeted myself to a HEQ5 and collecting it this saturday :) I will stick to it for a while now, well maybe only if some uber offer comes my way as it did with HEQ5.

Thanks for info guys.

Well.. I have just budgeted myself to a HEQ5 and collecting it this saturday :) I will stick to it for a while now, well maybe only if some uber offer comes my way as it did with HEQ5.

Thanks for info guys.

HEQ5 is, as far as im aware, still a super mount. next i would recommend 2 things:

A CLS light pollution filter, and get your camera modified if possible.

looking forward to seeing your first images!

cheers

bob

Archived