Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Had great night

redfox1971

For a change went up onto hill tonight had great dark sky's from 11 till 1 so many stars took me while to 2 star align as couldn't identify whitch was which,shame moon had to appear to spoil the fun but I was starting to freeze up so called it a night,let's hope for a more pleasant evening temp,did they say heatwave this next week or was I just dreaming again!

excellent night here in coventry...i actually saw part of the fuzzyness of the milky way...and a partial dust lane all with the naked eye (a first for me in this country).

seeing was excellent, did some AP of stars, saw Neptune and Pallas and a few close-to-the-horizon messier objects, all in all a very good night!

same here in south west.... wasn't gonna pass up a chance to try the new TS 80mm apo and watched saturn set, even though its not the best time to view it i was well impressed with the scopes performance. Also could see the milky way from my dark site and spent an hour looking at m31 with a 26mm possl. what an awesome night. if not a ruddy cold one! got to me by 0130hrs and had to bail out. something to be said about being prepared.....even in the middle of summer!

even though its a work day tomorrow i am tempted to set my alarm for 3am, get up, observe jupiter, then go back to bed :)

its such a clear day, i imagine the night will be the same...you never know, might just make it an all nighter (im only handling radioactivity in the morning...no big deal :eek:), the moto gp is on till 11pm...thats gotta keep me awake :)

Archived