NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Here, have a go at processing

I'd be very interested to see what some of you pros can do with this image of the veil nebula I took the other night so I can compare with what I did in this post: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/148922-ngc-6960-qhy8l-2nd-light.html

Dowload the stack from here:

Download spanky's broom stack.TIF from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Have fun! :)

No flats were taken, eh? or did you just not include that in the stack for us to process? If you didn't take them at all, I would HIGHLY recommend you do. They will help greatly with the vignetting you have as well as get rid of the few dust specs hanging around.

Wow, I can't get close to either of the submitting images! The second one especially is really impressive.

Given what I've seen here, it's the poke I needed to re-visit the old data I have while I wait for darkness to return!

Well done guys.

Wow, I can't get close to either of the submitting images! The second one especially is really impressive.

Given what I've seen here, it's the poke I needed to re-visit the old data I have while I wait for darkness to return!

Well done guys.

Same here, I would love for someone to explain what they did to the downloaded image so I can try it and learn :BangHead:

No flats were taken, eh? or did you just not include that in the stack for us to process? If you didn't take them at all, I would HIGHLY recommend you do. They will help greatly with the vignetting you have as well as get rid of the few dust specs hanging around.

Yea there's 20 flats in that stack. I'm not sure if they were exposed quite right though. It's only the second time I've used this camera so I've a bit of experimenting to do yet!

Cloudwatcher - How the hell did you get the nebula so bright without destroying the background with noise??!?!!

I had a quick go (I do mean quick: <10min - sorry, haven't had much time lately to play on the computer as much as I would like) ... if I get more time in the next week or so I will have a proper go at it.

post-24627-133877636093_thumb.jpg

Cloudwatcher - How the hell did you get the nebula so bright without destroying the background with noise??!?!!

Very simple,just isolate as a separate layer. Brighten,sharpen and saturate to taste then merge with background.

Actually,I did a couple of takes on the image over lunch but the first was rather over the top even by my standards!:BangHead:

post-13495-133877636126_thumb.jpg

Very simple,just isolate as a separate layer. Brighten,sharpen and saturate to taste then merge with background.

Actually,I did a couple of takes on the image over lunch but the first was rather over the top even by my standards!:BangHead:

Of course! Why didn't I think of that!? ;)

stunning difference,what programmer were you using photoshop?

Archived