NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Star Diagonal

HI,

Just and idle thought while I wait for clear skies.

Would the views be greatly improved by replacing the standard star diagonal that comes with the C9.25?

I hear many say that the EP's that comes with scopes are not brilliant and that replacements give much better views so just wonderd if the same applied to the diagonal?

Thanks,

Justin

Imho the 2" diag gives me better views in the 9.25 - just don't ask me to quantify it cos I'm naff at the maths lol. But it also gives a more stable mounting point for the larger eyepieces, cameras, and binoviewers. Recommended.... by me at least :D

As Brantuk rightly says, a 2" fit diagonal will give a sturdier mounting platform for other heavy accessories. I'm not sure whether the rear cell aperture fully supports an unvignetted field at 2". Other than that, better eyepieces could be the next consideration as they should show a guaranteed improvement.

Thanks for the info. I'll have a word with my local astro club or FLO and see what I can do.

Although I am thinking that maybe the this set may be a good buy

Two-Inch Eyepieces from Celestron, Meade, Pentax, Takahashi, Tele Vue and Vixen

but i might be falling into the same trap e.g. cheap components to keep the price of the set down.

I'll see how I get on with a loaner.

Thanks,

Justin

Archived