Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guiding Test

martin_h

Dur to the huge amount of rain we have had latley imaging time has been cut short, but there was an unexprcted clear patch last night at 1 am so decided to have a play....like you do!

This is the result from a single 1 hour guided shot...full frame and 100% crop. There is a bit of drift showing but not a lot!

post-16950-133877631461_thumb.jpg

post-16950-133877631468_thumb.jpg

The downside of very long subs is the high risk. Satellites, aircraft, acts, of sabotage by Bill Gates... You are unlikely to 'Sigma out' a satellite in a run of one hour subs because you won't have enough! However, I have had this issue recently and thought about doing a full stack with satellites and a stack satellite free. Apply the same stretch to both, paste the satellites stack on top and then just erase the trails.

Olly

I wouldnt dream of trying to do a run of 1hr subs....way to fraught with problems..like you say, you would need loads to stack and there isnt that many hours in a night/week... This was just a play realy to see what it would come out like.

Can you imagine taking 30+ darks???

Working very nicely there. If I remember correctly, the worm gear goes through a full cycle in 8 minutes in the drive, so as long as you guide for longer than that you can prove the guiding is working. I normally double the focal length of the scope and run for 20 minutes. The theory being, if I don't have a problem with that, I won't have a problem.

Archived