Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade 30mm UWA

I've been on the verge of purchasing one of these until i noticed that there seems to be two different model??? The two seem slightly different (by looks anyway) One seems to have a black strip near the bottom and the other doesn't Also the one with the black strip seems more curved. Is one an older model or something? Anyone know why? And which one should i get. Obviously i would like the more recent version.

cheers

:)

post-15313-133877626542_thumb.jpg

post-15313-133877626544_thumb.jpg

There's only one model. In one picture the eyeguard is right down. In other it is raised slightly to expose the black barrel.

Awesome eyepiece by all accounts but extremely heavy and bulky. It's good value providing 95% of the 31mm T5 Nagler experience for 60% of the price.

Another couple to consider are these:

William Optics UWAN 28mm

Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm

Explore Scientific 82series 30mm

The William Optics and Skywatcher are identical, so comes down to price and brand preference with those two.

While the ES 82series 30mm is optically identical to the Meade 30mm UWA but slightly lighter and better designed.

On a slightly different note I have tried to find out the eye relief in mm but the Meade site just says long eye relief. If anyone has one of these, preferably the 14mm , do you mind posting the info if available ?

Vlebo

Archived