NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 6888 - Cresent Neb (please dont look tooo closely)...

Keiran

Hi all,

A lovely clear night last night so i made the most of it. I have started to get to grips with the synguider, still more practise needed with it, but im getting there.

I managed to get 5mins guided at ISO 800 on NGC6888 and got 13 subs with 3 darks a total of 1hr 15mins. I really want to add alot more data to this. I have played around with PS to try and get abit more detail, but more data will make it easier... Fingers crossed for saturday night.

EDIT: should have said this is my first attept on this one...

NGC 6888

Canon 500D : 13 x 300 secs ISO800

Megrez 72 with WO FFII (Really works great)

ST80 and Synguider mounted on homemade side by side bar

HEQ5

bulldog_keiran-albums-my-best-picture12019-ngc-6888-darks-75-mns-iso-800-12x-500secs-megrez-72-guided-synguider-st80-heq5-canon-500d.jpg

Thanks for looking

Good shot - couple of things. Looking at the stars down the left hand side, compared to the right hand side, I'd say your camera is not completely orthogonal to the light path and could be improved with adjustment.

Also I think the image could be stretched more to increase the contrast. There is some of the green halo around the crescent hiding in their if you stretch a bit.

Archived