Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What's the difference?

I'm looking to upgrade my scope soon, I am going to get a 200p but when looking at these on FLO I see there is the 200p ota which is £275 and the 200p ds ota which is £325. It says the difference is " features a 1.25"/2" Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser for enhanced focus control and a shorter tube length with the secondary mirror positioned closer to the primary mirror " will this make much of a difference to me? is it really worth spending the extra for it? what does it do?

Is it worth spending the extra for the 200p ds?

Normally newtonians struggle to reach focus for DSLR's - there is not enough focus travel for it.

By shortening the tube and moving the mirror, the focal point is extended further outwards, thereby allowing the DSLR to achieve focus without the need for barlows - i.e. it can be directly connected to the focus (prime focus)

HTH

Archived