Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Actually got out!!!!!!

bluesman81

For the first time in ages, I actually got the scope out. (It took forever...).

Just spent the last hour with Mizar and Deneb with a trawl through cassiopea. I know, nothing exiting but at least it was something.

Its a shame I have to be at Stamford Bridge later today, otherwise I could have stayed up longer. Still, work comes first.....:D

Mental note, I must get myself a grab and go setup. Maybe one of those Meade ETX backpacker things........;)

It was clear all night here. I left the DSLR and Equinox66 capturing more data on M51 until it finally dipped behind the tress (3 uninterrupted hours but some are a bit blue to say the least.. started imaging too early I think)

Meanwhile I also did the trawl around Cassiopeia with the 130P popping in and out of the caravan (with the red light bulb on) to check my copy of "Turn Left At Orion" to reference what it was I was seeing.. And to have a beer, a smoke and tickle the cat. ;)

The moon finally started to wash things out at around 2am so I called it a night.

It's a pity I don't have much of a low-level view in any direction as where I live is totally surrounded by 60' trees, although it's a fair old expanse of land and they do a marvellous job at keeping the wind out.

Anyway, more clear skies (and even better seeing) predicted for tomorrow so I think I'll do more of the same. Happy days! :D

Archived