THE BUG HAS BITTEN!!!!!!

Ok guys firstly i want to thank you all for the great advice ive recieved since buying my new scope 3 days ago,ive learnt such a lot not only by asking but by reading the forum topics aswell.

after asking about eyepieces for my SW 200P i took a trip out to rother valley optics and spoke to a great guy called ian who was so friendly and most helpful on all the questions i asked.

i decided to go on ians advice for my first couple of new ep,s.

the first one is a celestron X-CEL LX 1.25" 5MM 60 DEGREE FOV

for planetary viewing.

the second one is an antares plossl 32mm wide 52 degree fov.

then i thought what the hell spend some more money lol so i also bought a skywatcher variable polarising filter for lunar viewing and then i thought hey these need to be cleaned so i bought a bottle of optical wonder and a cloth and a dust blower.

i can safely say one of two things will happen......divorce...or bankrupcy but at least i will still have my scope ;)

Hi Bert,

FWIW, I think you did very well choosing your two new EP's a high power for planetary/lunar work and a low power for deep sky viewing is terrific. You will also love having the polarizing filter for lunar work too, you have a large scope and the moon can be blinding! You now have the ability to adjust your filter to match the phase of luna you are observing.

Well done!

Dan

hi and nice spend, the wifes are never happy when it comes to spending lol. do not be tempted at any point to clean that mirror on the 200p with it have fun

yeah i heard the mirror needs doing maybe once every 4 years and needs to be done professionally.

Sure u can David:D

I must say, out of all the addictions i have encountered, astronomy is by far the most healthy for mind, body, and wallet-well almost:)

I used to waste my money on drugs, now its going on astro related stuff thats far from a waste:)

Archived