Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any one got experience of using this camera-Samsung sdc-435

As the title says has anyone expereince on this group of using the Samsung sdc-435 video camera. Any information would be gratefully received

Regards

Adrian

Hi Adrian

I have used one with my Skymax 102 on the AZ GOTO mount.

I found the best way to use the camera is in Manual mode -

You can select the exposure settings up to x 512 but start lower say x32 which gives you a chance if finding the object the gradually increase the exposure settings.

Note that it can take several minutes for the image to stabilize.

I use a Astro Eng 0.6 focal reducer - the camera on it's own is like using a 6mm eyepiece.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Adrian

I got mine from Xenex Security

https://www.xenexsecurity.co.uk/product/id/734141

But I think I got the last one they had in stock.

Buy This claim to have them in stock or the SBC2000 which I believe is all but identical

Samsung Techwin SDC-435 - 1/3" 600TVL High Resolution, Day & Night Camera Dual Voltage 12VDC/24VAC

This link on Cloudy Nights has a lot of info note as it is mainly a US site the exposure times are based on the NTSC model, us Europeans get a double bonous - higher resolution and longer integration times due to the differences between PAL and NTSC:-

Telescope Reviews: Tyro Samsung 435 Users Look Here...

The most important thing I found was not to follow the advice on QCUIAG which suggests setting the shutter to ESC and the sensup to AUTO.

Shutter on manual and set the exposure by hand allows you to fine tune the exposure. Also set the SSNR (noise reduction) to Off whilst framing the picture - once framed turn it back on and adjust the settings to suit.

The SSNR works by combining multiple frames (like off-line stacking using DSS or similar) but uses a clever DSP in the camera - if you have problems with the tracking on your mount you will find that higher SSNR setting can cause blurred pictures.

Give it a chance to settle down maybe upto 5 minutes at x512

Been a while since I was out with my camera - short nights, clouds and work commitments ;)

Looking forward to longer autumn evenings.

Clear skies

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bazzaar

Great first light - what settings did you use and how many frames did you use?

I've not had much chance to get out with my SDC435 because of the short nights - roll on Autumn!

Clear skies

Paul

Archived