Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader AstroZap

Hiya again SGL Has anybody any experience of the Baader AstroZap solar filter if so, how is it ? My telescope only being 130p, would I need to buy the 130mm or the 152mm. I know generally these things go by primary mirror size, but 152 just seems like it may be a bit large. If anybody has experience of this filter any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all....

Your better off just buying the solar film (£18.00) and making your own filter.

On the 130p the dust/end cap at the end of the scope has a smaller hole in it (covered with a black cap). You just need to cover this smaller hole with the film and hey presto solar viewing.

Because the sun is so bright you do not need to use the full 130mm aperture of the scope. I use my 200p to view the sun but with the same method so that the only view is via the hole in the dust/end cap cover.

Covering the hole is extremely easy as you just cut a square about 2" square and tape it to the bottom of the dust/end cap. 30 seconds.

Hope that helps.

Archived