Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A couple of my latest attempts at all things skywards..

Got a few ISS shot's and a widefield Cygnus effort for you, taken on the night of the 13th-14th June. All were shot at 18mm, f/3.5 at ISO800

378km above the Earth and travelling at over 17,000mph, the International Space Station cuts across the constellation of Cygnus for the 3rd time that night. I'll admit that I timed this slightly wrong..

iss1406111.jpg

The ISS above St. Nicholas Church, Laindon on the 4th pass of the night. Arcturus and Saturn feature..

iss140611.jpg

Cygnus is seen in good detail in this last one, with plenty of interest on all sides..

cygnus.jpg

:)

Nicely composed..

If you shoot on continous with long exposure NR switched off and you can combine the images using startrails.. If you start a minute or two before and continue after it you can then get the ISS pass against a deeper starfiled whilst startrails sorts out the foreground...

Peter...

Mate, considering you are in Basildon (or Laindon) you did well with the Light Pollution - I live about 2 mins (drive) away from that Church in Great Knightleys. You`re brave going up there at night - that be frontier country!

Mate, considering you are in Basildon (or Laindon) you did well with the Light Pollution - I live about 2 mins (drive) away from that Church in Great Knightleys. You`re brave going up there at night - that be frontier country!

It's not that bad Simms. :) Sent you a PM.

I'm still awaiting the funds to invest in even a cable release, Peter. It's on my to-do list, but when it's here, I'll be doing exactly what you've suggested.

Thanks for the positive comments however.

Archived