Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I procrastinated and I dipped out!

Luke Inup

If it's any consolation the optical quality of those can be variable. I actually think £300 is a lot to pay for a used 6" achromat unless it comes with a really decent mount (ie: not the one generally supplied with Phenix refractors) - I paid around half that for the 3 that I've owned.

If it makes you feel any better I paid just over £100 for mine (not brand new though). Decent enough optics for the price- the focuser on the Pheenix is the biggest problem (if you're used to higher quality scopes that is).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only myself to blame Tel..... And also as it would have been a pick-up purchase, I could have smuggled it in, under 'SWIMBO's' radar, then claimed I had found it! :)

JonJon!

Its all very well, but one day you will claim the 22" dob was just "found on the drive" and she won't believe you.

If it makes you feel any better I paid just over £100 for mine (not brand new though). Decent enough optics for the price- the focuser on the Pheenix is the biggest problem (if you're used to higher quality scopes that is).

That sounds a much better deal :)

I paid £130 for my last Synta 150 F/8 and the same plus some fuel for the Meade AR6 152 F/8 that I've recently parted with.

You just need to keep your eyes open :)

Archived