NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon mosaic help please

Hello all,

I'm trying to make my first moon mosaic, but I'd appreciate some help.

I have four images from a DBK. They have been stacked with R6 and I've put them into a new image in PS CS5, with each image as a separate layer. I've aligned the four images, so I'm nearly there. But, I can't work out how to adjust the levels within this master mosaic image so that the four images' levels match.

If I add an adjustment layer, then it effects all layers below the adjustment layer. But, I only want to make adjustments to one layer, without effecting the others. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Tom.

Thanks for all your advice. In the end, I used Microsoft Image Composite Editor. It gave me the best result, and was easy to use.

So, here is the result. I'm very pleased with my first mosaic (and first lunar images with my new DBK). When I was recording the data, I had not planned to make a mosaic. If I had, I would have taken more care with focusing and composition.

These images were taken through a Meade 127 refractor on 11th June, when the moon was about 20 degrees high. Seeing was mostly bad.

Thanks again. I'm on my way :)

post-26426-133877618206_thumb.jpg

Archived