Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

celestron cpc 925 vs 11

im thinking of getting one of these way in the future but i cant hurt to ask what would be the best one for visual use and maybe ccd with the wedge. weight and size are not an issue. i have read that the 925 is a good planet splitter and imaging scope. but would the 2 and 3/4 help on planets and the moon ?

Hi.The CPC11 is indeed a great scope and a scope for a lifetime.If ive the money i dont even think twice.For DSO the C11 is a real killer and is a stunning planet performer...This is mi dream scope

Mr Spock,

You have a lovely looking set up! I have a c9.25 and I'm going to put it on an eq6 too. How long does your alignment set up take, I am currently on alt/az which may have spoilt me? Also I can currently lift my 8" lx90 through my patio doors outside a distance of 3m, do you think I could do the same with the eq6/c9.25 or would I have to strip down each time?

The main reason I didn't go for the c11 was I was cautious of the additional weight.

Thanks,

John

It only takes a couple of minutes to set up. I carry the mount and tripod all in one and tube separately and weights separately too - they are the awkward bit to me. I have a slipped disc and the whole lot together would be too much for me. A fitter person could carry the whole lot a short distance.

The tube is so light I can carry it with one finger...

im thinking of getting one of these way in the future but i cant hurt to ask what would be the best one for visual use and maybe ccd with the wedge. weight and size are not an issue. i have read that the 925 is a good planet splitter and imaging scope. but would the 2 and 3/4 help on planets and the moon ?

The accountant in me is forcing me to point out that it's only 1 3/4" difference... The astronomer in me would sell my soul for either one :)

If you want to do DS imaging then be aware that long focal lengths need accurate tracking. By the time you are at C11 FLs you are getting very serious and personally I would want a premium mount for that, not a fork and wedge. Not saying it wouldn't work, but it wouldn't be my choice.

Olly

Archived