Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR camera

Well since i'm expecting my first baby daughter on 26th Oct, I been looking around to buy a DSLR camera

But I really don't know much about those cameras, Was wondering whats a good one to buy, I was edging toward 550D canon.

I would like to perhaps use a T ring on it for my telescope? I don't think i'll also get it modded.

Can spend around £600'ish pounds.

Sorry I don't really know where to post this topic.

photoddp.jpg

I'm sure the 550d would work well, you should be able to get it with the 18-55 IS kit lens for the budget. It'll be good for the moon with your Dob, and the T ring is, I think, all you'd need to attach it. I have the 450d and I like it a lot. I've not modded mine either.

I'm sure the 550d would work well, you should be able to get it with the 18-55 IS kit lens for the budget. It'll be good for the moon with your Dob, and the T ring is, I think, all you'd need to attach it. I have the 450d and I like it a lot. I've not modded mine either.

What about DSO? galaxies?

A dob doesn't track the sky in the best way for that. If it's got tracking it's AltAz which can be used, but only for shorter exposures 30 - 60 seconds realistically. So if it's a tracking mount then you should be able to achieve some targets. To do deep sky with longer exposures you need an equatorial mount to track the sky properly.

Archived