Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

X-Cel, any good?

As FLO has an offer on at the moment, I'm thinking of buying the 8mm and 10mm as a pair of high magnification eyepieces for my C9.25. Have any members on the form used any of these eyepieces? I've looked into them and they seem to be getting mixed reviews. Please help me before I buy them.

Thank you.

I had an earlier version. I think it was my first etyepiece upgrade from the standard ones that came with my first scope. The views were pretty good, though it was sensitive about eye placement so prone to blackouts if you werent quite in the right place. I then got a similar focal length BST explorer aswell - which I eventually kept and sold the x-cel...I couldnt tell the difference in the views but the bst had slightly larger field of view.

I had an earlier version. I think it was my first etyepiece upgrade from the standard ones that came with my first scope. The views were pretty good, though it was sensitive about eye placement so prone to blackouts if you werent quite in the right place. I then got a similar focal length BST explorer aswell - which I eventually kept and sold the x-cel...I couldnt tell the difference in the views but the bst had slightly larger field of view.

Agree. Decent ep, just a bit sensitive about eye placement.

Archived