Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nth American with the Borg 45

madjohn

Here's one I took on Friday night til dawn, The Nth American Nebula, this was taken using my Borg 45 again to get the wide field of view that this enormous object needs.

This is only 5 X 5min subs, not much dark skies this time of year!

I love the views this little scope is giving me:), and with the summer milky way almost here I'm looking forward to using it!

Hope you like it

John

post-15189-133877613714_thumb.jpg

Hi Guy,

I was using the Borg with the F6.3 foacl reducer/flattener connected to my modded Canon 450D at the prime focus with a Skywatcher light pollution filter in the optical train (brilliant filter for the ridiculously low new price....:))

I have it mounted on my Losmandy G11 (with 3 other scopes I might add, a little overkill if not!) and was guiding using PHD.

Darks subtracted and worked in Photoshop CS3.

Glad you liked it!

John

Thanks guys, it was a challenge to keep the star colours unsaturated and natural looking while bringing out the detail in the nebula, a lot of use of layer masks was pressed into service, glad you liked it.

Archived