NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M57 this morning

cloudbuster

Hi again all..... hope your'e all able to get out and about under clear skies? here's my first ever go at M57, which i did by doing the following:

Failand 2.6.11 1st attempt at imaging M57, with plenty of LP!

Orion 150 6"

Canon 20d

800 asa

18 subs 100 seconds

18 darks 100 seconds

stacked in DSS

Processed in photoshop elements & pixinsight

yet another sausage sandwich, raggae raggae sauce, and a glass of wine!:):):)

comments welcome

cheers

bob:icon_salut:

Well done for getting up and taking advantage of the tiny bit of darkness we have left.

There seems to be some nasty drift in DEC which is usually down to polar alignment.... but I must ask the question, have you ALIGNED and stacked the sub frames, or just stacked?

I find pizza is best - easiest thing to cook and eat in the dark! (can't turn a light on in the kitchen, observatory right outside).

Thanks for the tips Tom

wow, u have an obs right outside! lucky u! i have to wait til i get home....my imaging is done in a field outside bristol!

It just sort of looked like maybe the sub frames were stacked, but not actually aligned. Just a wild guess.

Observatory helps --- but i used to image in a field once. I actually had three small bits of paving slap laid down in the grass to put my tripod on. They had little painted marks where the legs had to go. PRobably still there! Helped a lot with getting the thing roughly levelled and aligned.

• 1 month later...

Archived