NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Joshua Tree Moonrise Timelapse

• 2 weeks later...

Good effort- pity the camera is focused on some grass near the lens and not the stars or the catus things. I always turn off as many auto functions (eg auto focus, auto exposure etc) when doing timelapse as cameras tend to do there own thing - like change white balance midway through a movie...

Very nice Joe, couldn't see the moon though????

That's the moon in rising in the bottom right corner. It's extremely bright and you can't see any detail, and perhaps that's what you meant, although many people mistake it for the sun, since it's so bright... it's the moon though...

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to learning a ton in here!:)

Good effort- pity the camera is focused on some grass near the lens and not the stars or the catus things. I always turn off as many auto functions (eg auto focus, auto exposure etc) when doing timelapse as cameras tend to do there own thing - like change white balance midway through a movie...

Yeah, I would've liked to have it focused on the Joshua Tree... it was all on manual, but it was to dark to focus and I blew it. There's some slight blur in the stars as well due to a slightly too long exposure time.

So much fun though... thanks for the tips!

Check out the Bat Country one, about 5 mins 40 secs in, some very nice shots of the sky, and Orion in particular ... now if I could only find a way to turn off every light in Europe ... :)

Very nice indeed ...

Archived