Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aaaargh! A little help? (EQ6 and EQMod issue)

Tim

Got a little problem:

Clicked on my first star to set up the focus and eqmod duly started the mount off. However when it got near to the star, instead of a single confirming beep it started letting out a series of beeps, which I was unable to stop and in the end had to CTRL+ALT+DLT.

When I restarted the program, the DEC drive refused to work.

After this I restarted the whole computer etc from scratch, but the problem persists, no DEC drive.

Anybody got any ideas???? I dont have a hand controller to try it with that.

Words of one syllable would be appreciated, just had a big old tooth yanked out of my jaw, and feeling pretty rough, real shame its clear!!

Thanks

Tim

Do you want a hand controller? I can send you mine tomorrow (I do not use it).

Sorry mate can't help with the problem... would the fact that your guiding in RA only mean that the software (for some unknown reason) is blocking all DEC commands?

Ant

Hi Tim,

I don't have my laptop (EQMOD) with me at present but I seem to remember the Toolbox let's you view commands being sent to the mount - might just be wishful thinking. At least you'd know then whether EQMOD was sending slewing / guiding commands in DEC.

Mike

EQascom Peter. I turned off DEC guiding in PHD and just carried on last night, the mount hardly drifted more than a few pixels over the course of the night so it wasn't too bad.

No Peter it didn't.

However..........I have just been out and swapped scopes over while it was light, and unplugged all the cables and so on, and...........it works! Maybe just a loose connection or something.

Ant, thank you very much for sending the controller, really appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

No need to send it back mate - we'll get together at Kelling!

Glad it's working now - why do these things always go wrong on a clear night and then work the following day - damn annoying!

Ant

why do these things always go wrong on a clear night and then work the following day - damn annoying!

Ant

Turf's law - the forum friendly version of the more widely known.....

Glad its sorted tim...

I had my first night out for a couple of months and it was a frustrating night with contrails just hanging around most of the night :)

Archived