NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade illuminated EP supplied without lens caps?

Hi,

Just purchased this EP

Meade 12mm Illuminated Reticle Eyepiece (Wireless)

and it turned up without lens caps! :hello2:

Spoke to Telescope House and they told me it was money saving cut backs :)

Is it just me or is anybody else wondering how much can be saved by not including tuppence worth of caps? :)

I ordered this model previously

Meade 9mm Illuminated Reticle Eyepiece (Wireless)

and caps were supplied with it....

Am I just being fed BS or has anybody else experienced this?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

I bought one of those, albeit second hand. It came in a cheap cardboard box without dust-caps.

From the design of the packaging I got the distinct impression that that was the way it came from Meade.

Hi Mark,

Just a silly question, why would you need both? Is there a difference apart from mag?

John

A stupid error on my part John. :)

The 9mm has an adjustable X,Y axis so you can move it around. I picked it purely because I prefered the illuminated target. When it arrived and I started using it i suddenly realised that there wasn't anyway of centring the reticule accurately, a click stop once centred would have made sense, but no, that would require a little thought on the part of the designers! :)

I have a few of these illuminated EP's now and the Meade range is definitely the best of a bad lot. I will probably sell off my Orion and my Meade with the adjustable X,Y axis now.

The Orion cost me £120 and I had to repair it and mod it to make it servicable when it arrived (in bits!) :hello2:. Put me right off buying anymore Orion stuff.

Clear skies!

Mark

Did it come in a plastic bolt case?

I ordered a Meade SWA 20mm recently and although it didn't have end caps it did come in a nice plastic bolt case.

I actually prefer bolt cases as they protect the EP more, and I find the small dustcaps a pain...if you use 5 or 6 eps in a session, they always end up going back on the wrong eps anyway, and then you find you have a too loose or too tight fit (especially if you've been using different brands of ep!)..

but I agree that if there was not bolt case either it's a pretty poor show, innit!

Dave

Archived