Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion 10mm FTR adjustments?

I can't remember Andy but I'd guess, considering you are making the "Barlow" element more powerful, that it'll push the point of focus out a little. Whether thats counteracted by the extra 14mm or 28mm though and the net result is inward or outward.....:)

Yes. You have to refocus each time. I hadn't realised there was a 10mm. Sorry, I can't help with the focal length with FTRs. As you probably already seen, there is a table on the Baader web site, but it doesn't include their 10mm.

Whilst I've not found a definite answer, I found this on agenaastro.com

"The new 10mm Hyperion eyepiece will also benefit from the use of these rings. While there are no official numbers from Baader, we estimate that the 10mm will function approximately as a 7.9mm eyepiece with the 14mm ring, a 6.7mm eyepiece with the 28mm ring, and a 5.8mm eyepiece with the 14+28mm rings."

• 6 months later...
How do you find the LX's compare with the Hyperion's? I used to own most of the Hyperion's and found them pretty good.

I've not really had a full session out with them yet due to the weather, but from what I have seen so far they do appear to have better edge correction at f5 than the Hyperions.

They are also much smaller and lighter, I don't like hand grenades in the focuser :p

Also cheaper, I feel I may invest in a couple more before I'm done.

Archived