Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what scope to get ???

"Proper scope???" You mean like Galileo designed, yeah? Not those silly things with all sorts of nonsense in the tube, do you? :D

You can see one by clicking below:

<A Proper Telescope> ;)

Dan

Refractors?

Oh, you mean those old fashioned things with guide scopes in the end that we stick on the top of our proper scopes. Do people actually look through them?

:p

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Proper scope???" You mean like Galileo designed, yeah? Not those silly things with all sorts of nonsense in the tube, do you? :D

You can see one by clicking below:

<A Proper Telescope> :p

Dan

Wow! I am impressed. You must be able to do some really accurate guiding with that.

Chris

I am 6'3" and understand your concerns about observing height. I use only dobs (6" and 12" (now sold and a 16" in prep)) but with an observing seat you will be more comfortable and see more detail too. I made my own from scraps in the shed for nothing. it's easy to do and there's lots of plans for the Denver Chair online which is what this is based upon. http://stargazerslounge.com/members-equipment-gallery/97962-observing-chair.html

I found refractors much less comfortable to use but have never used an SCT (expensive for your budget possibly).

I agree with the 8" dob recommendation as this is just about the best all rounder for visual astronomy that there is.

Archived