NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sadr region now in colour

shaunster

So ive had a go at some colour and im not sure on the outcome, not really sure how its meant to look

So its Ha OIII OIII

Ha 12x600s

OIII 12x900s

Not sure whether to go for some more data or not

OIII data seemed really weak compared to the Ha but OIII was taken with the field flattener and it looks better apart from the very edges, also couldnt apply darks cos I moved the camera to install the FF so some hot pixels are around.. :)

shaunster-albums-astro-imaging-picture11418-sadr-haoiiioiii.jpg

Lots of nice detail and some good colour. There seems to be a very slight green hint, I opened the image in my editor and reduced the green slightly and I thought it became more neutral.

I think it would be worth getting more data, though if have some noise reduction software you might be able to push what you have further and then clean up the resulting noise?

Cheers,

Rich.

Lots of nice detail and some good colour. There seems to be a very slight green hint, I opened the image in my editor and reduced the green slightly and I thought it became more neutral.

I think it would be worth getting more data, though if have some noise reduction software you might be able to push what you have further and then clean up the resulting noise?

Cheers,

Rich.

I see, I just had a look and reduced green a little and looked a little better I can notice a green cast now.

Might go for more OIII as there was not much there, another 12 at 15 mins should be better

Nice image :)

You can shoot darks for this....it doesn't matter if you move the camera when shooting darks....it doesn't even have to be on the scope! Just make sure that the temperature is as close as possibloe to what it was when you were shooting the lights.

Flats are the ones where you can't move the camera.

Rob

Nice image :)

You can shoot darks for this....it doesn't matter if you move the camera when shooting darks

Thanks, I will take some darks then when I have some time!

Im pondering going for SII data or more OIII, could benefit from both but nights are short :p

Great detail :) Think this one is going to be a great image. What's the maximum pixel value you have? Just thinking you could add additional data and still not hit saturation.

(although I'm sat on someone's laptop so I can't easily judge the levels)

What program will tell me that :)

Any app should be able to give you the maximum pixel value in the image. Photoshop/nebulosity and I suspect the others will.

Don't get me wrong - it's a stunning image :p

The image is great, and I can only hope that one day I'm able to create work like this. I have a question (not a criticism) about the halo around Sadr - why does it appear off-centre? Is this because of the way that fast Newtonians are collimated to appear a little off-centre through a Cheshire, or some other reason entirely?

EDIT: Also, was this shot with your 383?

I have a question (not a criticism) about the halo around Sadr - why does it appear off-centre? Is this because of the way that fast Newtonians are collimated to appear a little off-centre through a Cheshire, or some other reason entirely?

EDIT: Also, was this shot with your 383?

I dont know, it was mentioned before to me it must be something to do with the scope, its a frac not a newtonian I am using, and yes this was imaged with the 383

:)

I dont know, it was mentioned before to me it must be something to do with the scope, its a frac not a newtonian I am using, and yes this was imaged with the 383

:)

Thanks, good to know. I assumed it was a reflector because I thought I saw spikes on the stars, but I was mistaken.

Archived