Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Direct SLR connection

Hi,

I thought I'd perhaps try a snap or two of the moon at some point but tried to attach my SLR today but cannot find any way that it can.

The scope is said to have a 'direct SLR connection' but if it does I can't find it!

Looking forward to my second night tonight- the only clear night of the next five for us according to the weather forecast!

Best wishes,

Vicky

No, no T-ring- I shall have a look. Its an 8" dobsonian. I'm just experimenting. I haven't seen the moon yet and thought I might have a go at taking a shot or two.

More excited about clear sky really but thought I'd just ask rather than perhaps miss the obvious. Thanks V :)

Good luck with it Vicky. The moon can provide some great results from amateur equipment, because it is so bright and big!

Here is an example that I am quite proud of that I achieved with an 8" Dob and direct DSLR connection.

I hope you don't feel I am hijacking, I just thought you might like an idea of what you can achieve as we have the same set up :)

adz-albums-astrophotography-picture11204-moon.jpg

Pretty amazing shot, Adam! Was that a single exposure, or stacked?

Vicky, sometimes a focuser has a T-ring thread on it, so that you can just thread a T-adapter right on. Others have a T-adapter that threads into a 1.25" barrel, so the camera drops into focuser in place of the eyepiece. Other camera adapters have "eyepiece projection" which enables you to drop an eyepiece into the barrel of the adapter, and shoot photos through that.

Dan

I also have the 200P with DSLR connection and just using a T-ring works for me. Just unscrew the eyepiece holder from the focuser and attach the body of the SLR with the T-ring on it straight onto the focuser.

Pretty amazing shot, Adam! Was that a single exposure, or stacked?

Thanks Dan :)

It was a single shot with low ISO, remote cable, t ring adapter, fast shutter speed etc.

Then just a little touch of playing in photoshop to get the levels and sharpness okay. I am sure many of your students would be capable of a shot like this?

Ha, ha! I'll throw it up to them as a challenge! :)

Thanks Dan :p

It was a single shot with low ISO, remote cable, t ring adapter, fast shutter speed etc.

Then just a little touch of playing in photoshop to get the levels and sharpness okay. I am sure many of your students would be capable of a shot like this?

Archived