NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Of course...

sbooder

Well at least the Moon is quite low down at this time of year so maybe there won't be as much glare from it. And also it is blocked from view by my house and some others so once it is low it is out of sight.

Maybe if the seeing is good I'll have a go at some planetary as Saturn is hanging on and there must be some nice doubles about too.

Since having got the scope, we have been out 7 times and had to quit twice shortly after getting set up.....:eek: Not a good average but I'm forever hopeful..

It is good practice, which is how I look at it anyway. I get my 10" and EQ6 packed away in 7 mins now at the end of a session.

Well although the moon was low it got too bright by 1am, so I packed away, but before it rose I swear I saw some colour on M57, a slight pinkish tinge and I mean very slight, would this be possible or is my eye playing tricks?

Well although the moon was low it got too bright by 1am, so I packed away, but before it rose I swear I saw some colour on M57, a slight pinkish tinge and I mean very slight, would this be possible or is my eye playing tricks?

I don't know the answer to that question but like most things in science if thats what you was looking for thats probably what you found...:eek:

Pleased you got a bit of a session in... It was cloudy here last night as expected and sunny and clear again this morning...as expected.....;)

I don't know the answer to that question but like most things in science if thats what you was looking for thats probably what you found...:eek:

You could be right, but I was not looking for it, I have never seen colour on M57 before and I have spent the last 10 years looking at it so I was not expecting to see any colour last night, but it is what I thought I saw.

You could be right, but I was not looking for it, I have never seen colour on M57 before and I have spent the last 10 years looking at it so I was not expecting to see any colour last night, but it is what I thought I saw.

Result then....:eek: Who is to say you didn't..............

Archived