NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Double stacking a Lunt LS60

A McEwan

Hi,

Thought I'd enquire about the prices for a second etalon for my LS60THaPT1200, and got this response: 50mm £1085, 60mm £1400 ! ;)

I mean, yes I know that H-alpha stuff is costly, but a 60mm filter costing the same as an entire 60mm H-alpha telescope made by the same people? That's a bit excessive, isn't it?

Has anyone here gone down this route, and if so did you get the 50mm or 60mm, and did you have to pay the same sorts of figures as I've been quoted?

Thanks,

Ant (in shock, lying down....)

Ant,

having just played with a Lunt 60 double stack at the weekend...

The built in etalon is very similar to the PST etalon...the added external 60mm front etalon is very similar to the Solarmax60 filter so you should be able to compare prices with those.

The views through the DS set-up were very good - I was suitably impressed.

So basically, that's the cost and it's about the same whichever "system" one uses? But in the long run the extra etalon will give a noticeable and memorable improvement in disc performance...?

Ant

Archived