NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW 150 triplet.

mijijim

hmmmm - a TEC140 is only 6000 euros ......

Just what I was thinking! And a TEC140 is... a TEC140. I don't say this because I have one. I have one because I have two regular guests who brought them along and that was all the incentive I needed. While it is not a cheap telescope the TEC is in the 'world class bar none' league optically and mechanically and undercuts any competition it has pretty drastically.

Olly

There are quite a few that make that look inexpensive. Try Astro Physics and Officina Stellare Workshop of the stars

Indeed but they are premium brands, skywatcher really isnt...

They are well known for producing great equipment at awsome prices, but this seems to have missed the mark for me... very few people who usually buy skywatcher will be able to afford this and those that can are much more likely to look elsewhere... I mean look above, its more than a TEC140..

Now a TEC 140 is certainly very nice, but a TEC 160 APO Fluorite F/7 Refractor is even nicer. Whats another few thousand? ;)

John

Indeed, but to quote the TEC website you get a big increase in spending for a small increase in resolution. What salesmen they are, eh?? It is rather endearing.

Olly

Archived