Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some more moon attempts

DrNeb

Hi all,

some more moon attempts.

I think i'm getting better!

just wish I had something other than my 3mp camera on my phone to take them with. let me know what you think?

these are just single shots with my camera phone pushed up against the EP on a 10 inch dob.

Cheers

post-21781-133877604367_thumb.jpg

post-21781-133877604375_thumb.jpg

post-21781-133877604382_thumb.jpg

for the close ups i was using my william optics spl 6mm and a 25mm stock eye piece for the other.

these were taken on a blackberry 8900 - 3mp.

I'd like to give a webcam a go. i've been hunting for one in the for sale section for a while!

Thanks for the comments.

Hi,

What camera phone are you using for this?? I have tried using my iPhone 3GS but I think the curved back prevents me from getting a good 'seal' to the eyepiece.

I didn't actually get a good seal to the eyepiece.

what i did was aim the cam at the eyepiece from a distance until i can see a bright white light. then slowely move the cam closer to the eyepiece until it looks right. i don't always have the phone fixed against the EP.

it's quite tricky as you've got to focus with one hand while nudging the dob and hold the blackberry at the same time! im getting well practiced at it now though.

Cheers

Archived