Where can I get a cheap dew sheild from ??

Hi Everyone

Looking to make a cheap dew shield. Camping mats seem to be the way to go but where can you get a cheap black camp mat ?? The pound shop have camp mats but they are bright lime green. Needless to say if they can knock out mats at £1 I'm not overly eager to spend £10 on a black mat off eBay.

Any ideas welcomed.

SPACEBOY

I used bright pink camping mat but sprayed the inside with matt black paint.

Haven't used it in this format yet, but used it last night in unsprayed format and it certainly improved things, so hoping for an even bigger improvement.

I would have thought that the usual dark blue camping mats would be sufficient to be honest. At night, as long as the surface has a matt surface, I don't think there would be much of a need to paint it black. The big advantage of making your own is that you make it a bit longer than the commercially made ones which will give you longer outside.

James

I got a mat that was orange one side and grey the other. I like the orange as it goes with the colour of the OTA. I suspect that the colour makes no real impact on the utility of the thing.

Archived