Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT or BackyardEOS

I totally agree with Guylain! Everybody is more than welcomed to use the program that feels more handy, no mater if it is BYE or APT :p I think that both with Guylain are already happy men, because we see that our efforts are not in vain and are starting to be in real help for our community! It is great and exiting because this is the main goal of both projects ;)

SGL is one of my favorite forums because of its extremely friendly atmosphere - I never saw something even close to a confrontation :D So I'm sure that nobody here have anything against BYE or APT.

Also want to thank to everybody that helped and are helping us to make BYE and APT better and better!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with Ivo in that SGL has a really friendly atmosphere and thankfully it's members tend to help others rather than turn each thread into a personal slanging match often seen on other forums.

I agree that both APY and BYE are very good programs and I don't think that there is any hint of a war being started by SGL members. Both programs have one thing in common, that of controlling a range of Canon dslrs from a computer. The cosmetics (GUI) of each will appeal to individuals as we all have different tastes, but there are some technical differences (currently being worked on if I understand right) that either dictates what cameras are supported (hence my reference in another post that BYE currently doesn't support my camera because serial shutter control isn't yet supported which forced my hand and I purchased APT). The good news is that both developers are passionate about their products and are constantly developing them further based on customer or end user feedback.

I think it's marvellous to see these programs being developed and we are lucky to have choices for controlling the OES cameras including Canon's own bundled software. Especially when other makes of DSLRs don't even have bundled software with them.

Kepp up the good work :D

Thank you everyone for your understanding and support; SGL is indeed a nice place to be.

As for serial cable support and mirror lock I can confirm that these will be in the June release. The mirror lock support is the *real* in-camera mirror lock function used by BYE. No worries about amp-glow as previously indicated. The mirror lock should actually be supported for all camera models that supports in-camera mirror lock; not only the DIGIC III+ camera as previously stated ~ my bad.

Again, thank you for your hospitality.

Guylain

Archived