Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 & M82

Hi guys, I recently posted up a my version of M82 but here it is again in the all to familar roll of campanion to M81.

5689826458_07be5611f2_z.jpg

M81 & M82 by ashworthacca, on Flickr

5 Hours in 10 minute exposures

Flats, Darks and Bias applied

Modified Canon 1000d on ED80, HEQ5 Mount guided with QHY5 on ST80.

Stacked in DSS and processed in PixInsight and Photoshop

Thanks for looking:)

A really lovely balanced image. Nice round stars for 10 mins.

I find guiding a problem with objects near the zenith like these. I never seem to get the balance right, unlike objects closer to the equator, and PHD loses it!

A really lovely balanced image. Nice round stars for 10 mins.

I find guiding a problem with objects near the zenith like these. I never seem to get the balance right, unlike objects closer to the equator, and PHD loses it!

Thanks Luke, although I did have guiding problems. The graph in PHD was all over the place for about 10 minutes after locking onto my guide star and did the same after a couple of shutdown and restarts.

Left it guiding and went in for a cuppa, came back out after 15 minutes or so and the graph was a smooth as I've ever seen it:confused:. Worked fine after that all night......fingers crossed for next time.:)

Very nice, My PHD graph was like that last night, left it for 5 min then left it 5 min and it went almost flat again.

Lee

Thanks Lee....it's the first time (I must be lucky:D) that I've seen such fluctuations in the graph in PHD, I'm glad I walked away and it settled down on it's own.:)

Archived