Did i just see my first dso pretty sure i did M65 and M66 through my 12" dob they looked like very faint grey smudges if i wasnt paying attention i would have missed them very pleased with my self tho:hello2:

Congrats :)

The first one is always a bit special. Here's to many more !

I remember my first view of the Orion nebula. It took me a few minute to realize that it wasn't condensation on the EP or objective illuminated by starlight ;)

Sounds like you have the right instrument to hunt them down! (Much easier than with my 133mm, anyway! :) )

You will find that now you know what to look for, they will simply pop out of the woodwork. Start with Leo and work your way through Virgo and on North to Coma Berenices and Bootes. You will have a festival of globulars, open clusters, and ooodles of fuzzy galaxies.

Down load the stuff I've attached and have a blast!

Dan

Lab 15 - Galaxies in Virgo.doc

Lab 16 - Messier objects in Coma Berenices.doc

Meteor Night Activities.zip

congrats. i viewed m3 and m13 clusters last night in my 90mm glass. and it was still dusk(around 9.30) they for me are the two easiest finds .

no detail with my appeture mind.

keep on truckin....

Archived