Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what a fantastic night

Daniel-K

been up in flookburgh in the lakes at my grandmas caravan for the weekend took my kit up there and i have never seen a sky so dark in my life i had the milkyway above my head my never have i seen so many stars. my first night i bagged 17 galaxys upto mag 10.1 (200mm scope stoped me seeing above that) a handfull of NGC numbers a load of doubles and lots of clusters too.i saw that much stuff i wass too excited to write it all down ( i did on the 2nd night)

i have mande a big dent in my messier list going back up soon but will have a list of what to find. any one else have a good obs at the weekend?

It was crystal clear here last night till about 1am.

Got some great views, Saturn barlowed down to my 6mm EP which is a first this year. ( or maybe it was just the fact that it was much higher at this time of year ?)

Plenty of globulars to keep me happy.

Then this massive cloud rolled in.

Never paid attention in Geography at school so it was like a massive piece of cotton wool that covered the sky in about 20 minutes !!

You could feel the atmosphere getting damp so I packed up sharpish !

Nice one mate :) Glad to see it is all eventually comeing together.

I beat Polar Alignment with all those stars was fun ;)

I managed to polar align before the sky was black lol I'm gutted I'm back in my LP sky but I deffo need a high power ep

The ring neb was awsome could cleary make out the ring with a black centre though no star probaly would have with a high power ep going up for a week at end of may

Archived