Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Magazine - Reader's Gallery - The Vulture Head Nebula LBN 777

Boren

Hi guys,

I am not sure how many of you are readers of the US based magazine, Astronomy.

While being an avid reader of the UK's excellent Astronomy Now, I am very fond of the US's Astronomy, and S&T too.

I am so happy to note, that it's the first time that the Magazine includes one of my images in its Reader's Gallery... It's an image of the very rarely imaged "Vulture Head Nebula" - named LBN 777 and the B207 dark nebula inside it. It looks much better in print than how it is in this scan of mine:

http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/134351358/original

The same issue also includes a review (by HW guru, Phil Harrington) of our Powernewt Astrograph. You might like to read it here (there's also a PDF of the full article that can be downloaded, for subscribers of the Magazine of course) :

http://astronomy.com/en/Equipment/Products-Reviews/2011/04/Meet%20this%20Newtonian%20astrograph%20telescope.aspx

I hope you enjoy this reading, and find the image to be worthy of your time watching it.

Cheers,

Harel :D

Well done Harel. I would expect you to have a long list of magazine credits for your images, which are consistently world class.

Astronomie in France seem to like mine so give them a go!!

Olly

Thanks Olly, guys,

I am sorry for taking some time to reply - I am actually traveling abroad now (for me London is abroad...) and it's the first 5 min. I got to get into the forum...

And thanks for these warm words.

Cheers,

Harel :)

Archived