Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st attempt @DS - M3 & M92 - 127 mak

Revs

The plan for tonight was to fully set up with the new mount for the first time and test the max exposure length I could achieve unguided. The setup was; HEQ5 controlled through netbook, SW 127 mak (heated obj.), 1000D, no filters, single shots.

I tried the CLS filter but it was blocking too much all important light.

Due to a flat battery in the remote shutter control I was forced to use it wired. Out of about 10 shots, these had the smallest star trails. I assume it was vibrations as the the first of these two had the longest exposure, at 300 secs. Whereas some of the 60 sec shots were far worse.

Any input/advice welcome :D

M3, ISO800, 300sec

M92, ISO800, 240 sec

btw I will be picking up a QHY5 next week for guiding.

post-20885-133877597536_thumb.jpg

post-20885-133877597544_thumb.jpg

Cheers Jay :D It's the first step on a long, long road. But the 'I did that' factor has put a smile on my face :D I have a remote shutter timer on the way so hopefully less vibes next time.

I forgot to say; these were taken at prime, tweaked, resized and cropped in Lightroom.

EDIT: I also forgot to say, I focused using a Bahtinov mask I made from A4 paper, which worked a treat :)

Archived