Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My custom stellarium landscape

Jack123456

Hi everyone,

After seeing a few custom landscapes for stellarium, i have finally got round to doing one of my own.

It was much easier than i expected.

it only took a couple of hours to do, most of which was removing the sky.

i still have a couple of tweaks to do with it. the orientation isn't quite right, but i am really pleased with it.

thanks to those who have written the tutorials on it

post-24314-133877597404_thumb.jpg

post-24314-133877597411_thumb.jpg

Looks good! I made one of these myself - observing from my back garden where targets are quite often behind neighbouring buildings, it's really useful for knowing when they'll be visible. Main difficulty was getting all the images to stitch together nicely (I used Hugin) - I tried again on an overcast day, and found it much easier.

post-19222-133877597429_thumb.jpg

It really isn't as difficult as it seems

There is a thread in the "tutorial and primers" section called "Tutorial: Custom stellarium landscapes" by George7378

Basically, i took some photos, stitched them together in Microsoft ICE, edited it in Paint.NET, then did a copy and paste of the moon landscape folder, edited the config file and replaced the picture with my new one.

A couple of points.. I made sure my picture was the same size as the moon one. and that the horizon was in the middle.

Archived