Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar Filter

Peter Reader

I made mine to cover the whole tube end with a really tight cardboard tube fitting over the end. Unless your tube cover fits better than mine you could find it drops off leading to possible blindness! With just the small hole letting in light you might find the image a bit dark. The Baader film is designed to cover the whole scope aperture.

If you make a bigger one.....do what I did, buy your other half (assuming you have one) a nice big (round) box of chocolates, about, ooh I don't know, about 8 inches or so.....lol...one box fits perfectly into the other, with your solar film inbetween.....you get brownie points for the chocolate, and a solar filter that fits a treat......(if your other half is anything like mine you don't have to wait long for an empty box either)...everyone's a winner! :D

Archived