NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD/Vista problems

Hello all.

I've recently had to retire (to the bin!) one of my XP laptops, and have replaced it with a spare Vista machine.(I know we all hate Vista, but I'm stuck with it!)

I've installed PHD 1.12 on it, but if I try to change exposure to anything other than the default of 1 second, PHD freezes and needs to be shut down using CTRL/ALT/DELETE.

I've uninstalled it and done a fresh install, but to no avail.

This isn't camera dependant, as the same thing happens with a DSI and a Lodestar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

Rob

Not 64 bit, and yes, I have the right drivers for both the DSI and Lodestar.....most peculiar :D

I've located a 2007 version of PHD so will give that a go and see if there's any difference.

I don't suppose this helps but...

I gave trying to run PHD on vista as I kept getting the dreaded blue screen of death lockup.

I went back to an old laptop using windows 98.

But then, when I was messing about with running my mount through Cartes du Ciel and eqmod on my vista laptop PHD connected and worked without any problems.

Archived