Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Southern Milky Way.

ollypenrice

I've been away from the camera for a few nights enjoying a transformed 20 inch Dob with newly tweaked optics. By three am the S Milky Way is looking great so we took in the Eagle, Swan, Trifid and Lagoon amongst others.

The Eagle I have seen better but never the Swan. No idea why. The Swan in full spectrum showed the classic shape of the swimming bird with strong, dark dust, inky black, forming the inner curve of the neck. With O111 the real gain was that the fluffy fountain shapes of gas in the wake of the Swan showed clearly as in astrophotos.

Likewise I have seen the Trifid better but never the Lagoon. Very odd. The Lagoon with or without filter showed extensive nebulosity and highly structured dust lanes.

20 inch F4 Dob with 26 Nagler.

In the 10 Radian M13 was, as ever, resolved to the core and filled the EP but the stars are so much smaller and tighter after the optical work, mainly on the secondary.

Also in the Radian the progenitor star of M27 was clear in direct vision about the half the time and full time with AV.

All good fun. I'm going to buy the big scope a 12 or 13 Nagler now that the optics are so much better.

Olly

Olly

Hi Olly

Nice to hear the big scope is enjoying a new lease on life.

I can highly recommend the 12mm T4 Nagler.

It's the most used of all my Naglers. Lovely big eye lenses and great eye relief.

If you want the wow! factor without the Ethos price tag. This is the kiddie.

Regards Steve

Archived