Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anybody got an opinion on this camera?

blinky

I was having a look through another thread and found a link for firewire camera's.

http://tinyurl.com/yomo8p

Just wondering if anybody has used one? It mentions in the blurb that these are suitable for fast display of colour images but in the specs it mentions the max exposure is 60mins. If this is true then it is surely a very good competitor to the modified ToUCams?

I am veryinterested in these as I was going to get my webcam modifies but am now thinking of selling it and buying one of these!

A lot of people over on CloudyNights are using these to get cracking results imaging the Moon/ planets. I havn't seen any long exposure stuff yet though, I think the firmware upgrade that enables it is a fairly new development. The firewire interface allows more frames per second than the USB 1 of Toucam.

I'll probably get the black and white version for increased sensitivity.

Thats the one, the 'as' (long exposure) version is the same as the non 'as' but with a firmware patch applied. If you look in the solar system imaging forum on CloudyNights, a large percentage of the images there have been taken with that camera(s). The mono version is supposed to be between 2 and 2.5 times more sensitive than the colour version.

Archived